A smile is the first thing you notice when you meet a person. It tells much about yourself and even makes people want to know more about you. But, when you have crooked or yellowing teeth, you are shy to smile because it makes you feel uneasy and uncomfortable. This should not bother you anymore because cosmetic dentistry in Hilliard at Innovative Dental Ideas can help fix your crooked teeth to give them a sparkle.
When you visit Innovative Dental Ideas, your dentist will discuss with you the different cosmetic dentistry services they offer and help choose the one that suits your needs. One of the easiest and most effective procedures to upgrade your smile is through zirconium veneers.
When to go for zirconium veneers
Your doctor will advise you to go for zirconium veneers if you have cracks between your teeth, your enamel is darkening, you are experiencing slight curvatures of your teeth, your enamel has some spots caused by fluorosis, and if your old fillings replaced your tooth shade.
What are the advantages of zirconium veneers?
- Compared to other veneers, zirconium veneers are resistant to stain and coloring from foods like coffee and tea.
- When you have zirconium, you can chew all food comfortably due to its strength and resistance to a heavy chewing load.
- Zirconium veneers will protect you from experiencing sensitive teeth because it is resistant to unexpected temperature change.
- The material used to manufacture the zirconium veneers causes no allergies, and your body will not reject it. Your body regards it as one of its natural tissues.
- Zirconium veneers do not change their shade even when it is under various lighting, including ultraviolet.
Zirconium veneers procedure
During the zirconium veneer procedure, your doctor will examine you for any gum disease and gum inflammation. In case you have the disease, your doctor will recommend treatment before you proceed with the zirconium veneers procedure.
If you are ready for the procedure, your doctor will help you choose the shade and the shape of your veneers. After that, your doctor will work on your tooth enamel in readiness for the zirconium veneer installation. Your doctor will then take precise measurements using dental impression materials and send them to the dental lab. Your doctor will have your veneers manufactured in the dental lab and adjustments can be made during fitting to guarantee a correct fit.
When your zirconium veneers are ready, your doctor will carry out an antiseptic treatment and then permanently fix your zirconium veneers on the front of your teeth.
Aftercare for your zirconium veneer
After your zirconium veneer procedure, you are to avoid eating food or drinking for some hours. Even though your zirconium veneers are long-lasting because of the material used to manufacture them, it is good to practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing twice per day. Maintaining a regular dental check-up is also advisable.
Are you uncomfortable with your smile due to a crooked, cracked, or colored tooth? Call or book an appointment online with innovative Dental Ideas to get a sparkling smile.