11th Grade is a turning point in a student’s life. It is the time when they have to take the first step to build their career. They have to select from the three streams present in the Indian Education System, the streams are- Arts, Commerce, and Science. This is the time of contemplation and it is advisable to opt for the stream that entices them the most. The students who wish to pursue Engineering or MBBS opt for science in their senior secondary classes. Further Science is divided into two subparts-
- Non- Medical
Medical is studied by the students who wish to pursue MBBS and become a doctor whereas non-medical is opted by the ones who want to pursue B.Tech. Both of them have physics as a major subject. There is a tremendous change in physics as the students move to the 11th standard. The subject becomes very vast and demands an ample amount of practice. Students mostly refer to it as the toughest subject.
Students find Physics as a difficult subject because-
- They have to go through many representations like formulae, experiments, graphs, calculations, and conceptual explanations at the same time.
- It is an interconnected subject if a single topic is missed, it is hard to understand the next one.
- Unlike other subjects Physics can’t be learned by the rote method. It requires a proper understanding of the concepts.
- There are a huge variety of questions following a different method that demands practice.
- The subject demands a lot of time and practice to attain the required level of clarity.
- Physics require a strong grip on Mathematics as it includes a lot of calculations.
- Although, it is a practical subject the students need to memorize plenty of formulae and theory also.
There is no need to feel afraid of this subject, hard work is the key to all the problems. It is believed that one needs to fight his war himself no one else can help. Thus, the students need to adopt the right strategy of studying the subject along with the right mentorship.
Class 11th Curriculum includes-
- Physical World and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Kinetic Theory Gases
Class 12th Curriculum includes-
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Altering Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
There is a proper procedure for studying a subject which should be followed by all the students. Let’s discuss some tips to study physics in a simplified manner and make the subject easy for the students.
- The students must be well aware of the syllabus. They should keep a note of all the additions and deletions in the curriculum.
- At the starting of the session, they should follow the NCERT textbook. It is not advisable to directly jump to additional study material.
- They need to pay attention to the topic taught in the school classrooms and tuition centers.
- They should start from easy topics and then move towards the difficult ones.
- Physics demands practice on a regular basis. Thus, they should go for self-study and leave spare time for this subject.
- The pattern of studying a particular chapter is that initially all the theory topics should be understood and then the numericals must be practised.
- They should make a separate notepad for formulae, theorems, and important questions for the purpose of revision.
- It is important to manage the time in such a way that each chapter gets covered in a proper manner.
- The students are advised to practice each derivation twice or thrice. None of the questions should be skipped regardless of the level of difficulty.
- They should know how to draw graphs, diagrams, and tables as their proper presentation helps them in securing marks.
- It’s essential to revise the topics regularly for better retention.
- They should study the subject with a cool mind and full interest.
After having clarity of the NCERT textbook, the students must refer to additional study material for knowing the concept better and to practice a variety of questions. One of the best reference books is HC Verma Concepts of Physics. It is recommended by professors also for better understanding.
Reasons to refer HC Verma Concepts of Physics
- It is written by an experienced IIT professor.
- It is written in a simple language which helps the students to comprehend the concepts easily.
- In-depth knowledge is provided in the book.
- Students will find a wide variety of questions which will even help in the preparation of JEE Mains along with the board exams.
- The content is organized in an ideal manner for a beginner.
Even the solutions provided in the book are of much use, they are quite reliable and make the understanding easy.
Features of Solutions of HC Verma Concept of Physics–
- The solutions serve the desires of the students who are searching for an easy way to solve the problems.
- The simplicity of the language leaves no area for confusion.
- It provides students the knowledge of important concepts and enhances their problem-solving skills.
- The examples through which the solutions are explained are connected to day-to-day life. Thus, it helps in better understanding.
- The solutions are prepared under the supervision of experts using trustworthy sources.
- The order of the explanation is from easy to challenging level which helps in better navigation between chapters.
Further, it’s crucial to go through the past years’ question papers to know the pattern of questions. The students must be aware of the weightage of each chapter and then prepare according to that. It is advised that they should enjoy their subjects and study without any pressure on their mind. Thus, in the senior secondary classes, the students need to increase their sitting capacity and maintain consistency.