Fat grafting is a cosmetic surgery that involves the removal of excess fat from one part of your body to another. The primary purpose of fat grafting is to augment or raise some parts of the body. According to research, fat transfer or fat injection is done by a professional plastic surgeon. Additionally, this cosmetic procedure can be done to everybody, but women mostly undergo it. Fat transfer can be done to augment breasts, face, and buttocks. It is essential to seek the best plastic surgeon that can be open to you about the advantages and the disadvantages of the surgery. East Windsor fat grafting specialists are the best you can visit for fat grafting surgery.
Preparations for fat grafting
Fat grafting is a treatment that requires preparation like a normal surgical treatment. For you to have a successful surgery, there are things you should do. These things include:
- Get a professional doctor. There are so many plastic surgeons out there, and some are professional while others are not. Through friends and family members you can get a good doctor.
- Talk to your best friends about the surgery. It is vital to be open to your friends about the plastic surgery you want to go for. Through this, your friends may recommend a doctor who is experienced. Additionally, your friends can help you overcome tension and fear since it will be your first time.
- Have a brief talk with your doctor. According to plastic surgeons, it is vital to have a conversation with them one week before the day of treatment so that you can get to know about the surgery in depth. Your surgeon may show you some of the surgeries they did on other people and their outcome. Now your doctor will help you to overcome fear and build up confidence. During the talk, your doctor will take you through an examination to know the health history of your body. If you suffer from illnesses such as cancer, heart diseases, and diabetes, you may not undergo fat grafting.
- Quit some medication. Medicines like aspirin, blood thinners, anti-inflammatory drugs, and others are dangerous during surgery. During the surgical procedure, they can cause over bleeding since they interfere with the clotting characteristic of your blood. Moreover, they can slow down the healing speed of the incisions made during surgery. This should be done one week before surgery.
- Quit alcohol and smoking. As we all know, surgery needs a healthy body that is free from impurities. Alcohol and smoking dehydrate your skin. It’s crucial to avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for about one and a half weeks to keep your skin in good condition.
Fat grafting is free from side effects when conducted by professional plastic surgeons. Additionally, some insurance does not cover cosmetic services, thus it is vital to avoid the don’ts to keep yourself in good form. Consult Doctor Matthew J. for a safe fat grafting procedure.